I’ve been pretty useless recently uploading my final collection progress but anyway here’s some of my technical samples. I’ve been experimenting with ways I can layer up techniques. They aren’t all in my colour palette but that’s not what’s important right now. The main thing is…I’ve got puff binder, devore, opaque binder, flock and foil all on to one piece of fabric! Yes, it is possible and it was a mission but I thought “this is my last chance to use these amazing facilities at Falmouth so I’m going to go ahead and really play around with manual print”.
There were a couple of hiccups along the way, like putting puff binder on first and then adding other techniques therefore flattening the puff binder in the heat press, and burning too much devore off when attempting to bake other techniques for 20 minutes.
But mistakes like that make one completely original idea…or I hope so anyway because it.is.pricey! Hope you like some of these images and techniques, I’ve managed to put them on to a variety of fabrics from cottons to silks and now my main problem is creating a collection where they don’t start to all look too similar. I need to get on the historical botanical research quickly, I’m already half way through my Easter holidays!